The church is from the second half of the 15th century. It is small and has a double-span brick construction that is based on the Polish layout. The tower was destroyed by the great hurricane in 1753. This little sanctuary is a repository of works of woodcarving, ranging from the carved altar, the frescoes on the walls, the baptismal font (15th/16th century) and the pulpit (18th/19th century) to the Gothic statue of the Sorrowful Christ (16th century) and the Stations of the Cross. These are mostly woodcarvings. The frescoes, discovered by accident during the renovation in 1978, are from 1573. Next to the church there is a wooden bell tower from 1884 with two bells inside. One of them was cast in Poznań in 1630 upon the request of the town of Żerniki; the second was moved after the Second World War from the evangelical church in nearby Zrazim (the local Neo-Gothic church from 1892 is the legacy of German settlers and today is does not perform any sacral function).